50 More Fun Facts

This is my 50th blog post of 2009!!! Yay! If you remember my 50th blog post of 2008 (link), I posted 50 fun and fascinating facts about myself. By the way, for you facebook users--- I did that waaaayyyy before all the facebook forwards going around (can I say I invented them?).

So, for today's blog I think you should have to read random facts #51-100. Here they are, in no particular order. I also can't promise that they are exciting.

51. I do not like potato salad but I like everything in it

52. My friend, Michele, and I once got pulled over in Mexico by the police at 3am. I wasn't scared until I looked out my passenger window and saw a man looking at me with a large automatic weapon.....

53. In junior high we could send 'candygrams' to friends for Valentines Day and other occasions. I sent myself one once so that I would be sure to have one and not feel like a loser walking around empty-handed. Looking back, I'm thinking "Wow! Loser!" (by the way-- Karen-- I think Chuck may have gotten some of us girls grams one year as friends and that was really sweet. At least I think it was him.)

54. My friend, Jennifer, and I always kept the game Twister with us when we were in high school. You just never know when you'll want to start up a game.

55. I saved up my money to buy a record player when I was about 5. I didn't own many records so I listened to my parent's records. This is how I ended up being the only 5 year old to know all the lyrics to most Barry Manilow songs.

56. I cannot type in even numbers into the microwave. If something needs 30 seconds, I will type in 31.

57. I can't sit still. My ideal vacation means we're on the go-go-go! (photo from my favorite vacation-- Hawaii! Obviously, pre-kids!)

58. In first grade I got in trouble for something I didn't do and had to miss the special Halloween party. I'm still a little upset about it. :)

59. I can hula-hoop around my knees for a pretty long time, but I cannot hula-hoop around my waist at all.

60. I usually sleep with socks on

61. My dentist is also a clown named Sonny (he really went to clown school). A dentist who can make balloon animals is a dentist worth keeping!

62. I accidentally bought a craftsmatic bed at an auction (you know, the kind with the remote where you can raise the feet, the head, or use vibrate). I meant to buy the bed for college but didn't realize it was a craftsmatic until I went to pick it up. We have it in our guest room if anyone wants to come stay with us.

63. I owned the cassette soundtrack to Annie when tapes first came out and I used to sing and dance to the music ALL THE TIME. I wanted to be cool like Annie.

64. Believe it or not, I did have a job before kids. I was the Systems Administrator for the electronic document imaging system for a group of hospitals.

65. Thanks to my friend, Jennifer, I have a new obsession with magazines and get several subscriptions now. Luckily, she subscribes to ones I don't so we often trade when we're done reading them.

66. After becoming a stay-at-home-mom, I took on a part-time job teaching a college class for a semester. It was too time consuming so I quit when the semester was over.

67. I rode the bus to and from school...... all through high school when it wasn't cool to do so

68. I think I would like to do trapeze school for a day. Anyone want to join me?

69. I would love to have a yellow Jeep Wrangler (pretend I don't have kids with carseats and strollers).

70. I've never been on a go-cart

71. I went to play laser tag with the youth group a year or so ago and LOVED it. I think I could go pro.

72. When I was little, I loved to write short stories. I had a red spiral notebook and my 'lucky' pencil and would climb a redbud tree in my parent's front yard to write. They cut down the tree when it died and my writing stories pretty much came to an end. No tree = no stories.

73. I always complained about school lunches when I was in school. But, now I secretly miss them. Rectangle pizza with corn.... that I don't have to cook.... for the low price of $1.30? Sign me up!

74. If someone gets me a gift (hint, hint), I usually save the tissue paper to reuse it.

75. I played my violin on a cruise ship going to the Bahamas with our high school symphony.

76. I always wanted to be on Wheel of Fortune and have applied a few times.


77. I have two December babies. Like December isn't already busy and expensive enough. :)

78. I saw Bill Cosby perform live (stand-up comedy act) at IU

79. When Nathan & I took a train ride, I asked the man if I could blow the whistle but was denied. Apparently it's harder than it looks.

80. I cannot let Nathan's barefeet touch my barefeet (hence #60)

81. I keep some toiletry stuff in my car to use at stoplights. It's simple multi-tasking. I can trim my fingernails, apply cuticle cream, etc, all on a trip to the store.

82. When I wake up in the morning or through the night, I like to guess the time before I look at the clock.

83. I drew Mister T on a Say-No-To-Drugs poster in 2nd grade and it was voted class favorite.

84. Nathan & I went to prom together but with different dates

85. I've been to a Barenaked Ladies concert

86. At my wedding, I gave my dad a high-five when he gave me away (after the standard kiss on the cheek, of course).

87. I love nuts and I love desserts, but please don't mix the two. I do not like nuts in my brownies, cookies, ice cream, etc.

88. I wish that I had taken elective art classes through junior high and high school. I love to draw.

89. I believe every word of the Bible to be true.

90. At Thanksgiving at my grandma's, I like to mix everything (turkey, stuffing, corn, green beans, noodles, etc) into one big pile (except mashed potatoes, which must not touch anything else). It creates one big "Thanksgiving" flavor.

91. Growing up, we had potato chips delivered regularly to our house in a big can (Charles Chips).


92. Nathan, Keegan, and I played the roles of Joseph, Baby Jesus, and Mary at the church Christmas drama 2 years ago

93. I haven't owned a cell phone in over 3 years

94. Nathan and I dated for quite awhile before we admitted that we were dating.

95. Class of '95 rocks! :)

96. Is anyone still reading this? If so, I'm impressed.

97. When I was pretty little, I had a pet goldfish named Caroline. My mom flushed it down the toilet when it was still alive because she was tired of changing the water and cleaning the bowl. She said it was in a better place.

98. I drove a Plymouth Acclaim in driver's ed class.

99. Before I was married, all 3 of my names (First-Middle-Last) were real words you could find in the dictionary. Amber- Dawn - (I won't list my last name on the internet due to you stalkers reading this!). :) I could play my whole name in Scrabble.

100. I took a speed-skating class before I knew how to skate. Maybe I should have started with slow skating first.

Congratulations if you made it this far!!! Stay tuned for blog #50 of the year 2010. I'll continue on with numbers 101-150! :)

Comments

Karen said…
Very interesting! That totally sounds like Chuck to send candygrams to all the girls! :)

Also, #87 I totally agree with. Nuts do not belong in other food. They should only be eaten by themselves!
Dilbertron said…
#97 Addendum... don't forget about Carrot... Caroline's bowl-mate. He was a fine fish until he circled the bowl to oblivion. I'd like to think that they're still living as mutants in the septic tank in our parents' backyard.
Jen said…
#57 That was the luau in Maui wasn't it. We went to the exact same one on our honeymoon and I believe I was wearing a white shirt too. I'll have to dig up the pictures.
Jeff- May Carrot rest in peace. Of course I remember him (her?). :)

Jen-- Yes-- that's the one in Lahaina (?). Good times!

Popular posts from this blog

At the hospital - LIVE UPDATES

Whoooo's Out There?

At the Hospital- LIVE UPDATES!