Extreme Home Makeover: Amber's Edition

Today represents day one of Extreme Home Makeover: Amber's Edition. Our downstairs is officially being renovated!
This means new paint, new carpet, new in-wall speakers (Nathan's part of the project, of course), new carpet, new furniture, and more. The painter started today and I've also been working with a friend who is making my curtains. The original fabric I picked turned out to be discontinued, so I had to pick new.

I'm using some bold fabrics from the Anna Maria Horner Collection called The Drawing Room:

The kitchen, which has been maroon for years, will be painted TEAL. The rest of our downstairs will be painted a nice shade of yellow (not too bright... not too pale...but just right).

The painter (a friend of ours) is working as I type this. But, I just sneaked down to take some exclusive photos....just for you.
These pictures do NOT do it justice. The lighting is totally off to see the true color, so use some imagination.
Again, really dark photo but it's the best I can do for now:

Last night I was getting our living room ready for the painter. We took down everything from the walls and moved all the furniture to the center of the room. The kids woke up and thought it was awesome. Keegan said it was like a jungle gym and Kennedy screamed with delight.
Maybe for Christmas we'll just move the furniture around instead of getting them presents!

I look forward to sharing the next installment of our home makeover!

Comments

Nancy said…
Wonderful start. I know your painter will do a good job. Care to share who is making your curtains?

Popular posts from this blog

At the hospital - LIVE UPDATES

Whoooo's Out There?

At the Hospital- LIVE UPDATES!